You attend yoga classes regularly, and you’ve established a home practice. If you’d like to step it up a notch, a yoga workshop might be the way to go.
A workshop can last a few hours or take place over a long weekend, highlighting a single technique or topic or encompassing several. The possibilities are completely different, but they all have one thing in common: participating in a yoga workshop is empowering.
Here are 5 other reasons why workshops are great to attend:
- Alignment and technique – Often times, alignment and technique are skipped over in class because the focus is on the flow. There simply isn’t enough time to get down to the details.
- Neuroplasticity – A fancy word for pattern formation in the brain. As you learn how to do poses in an integrated way, your brain is rewiring itself. Over time, you can say, “Wow, it feels completely different this way!”
- Questions – Workshops are a fantastic forum to ask questions. Questions spur dialogue and we can talk about topics in detail and with student interaction.
- Attention. Regular classes can be busy, and it’s not always possible for the teacher to adjust everyone. During a workshop, you get more attention. There’s just more time and space to talk about stuff.
- Experience. Yoga workshops are FUN. You’ll have lots of “a-ha!” moments. You’re there with like-minded people and a teacher you love. Working and learning together is really inspiring.